Today's blog continues on my series about~ When your teenager take the wrong exit. Here are some things you can do to help them along through these emotional, hormonal, roller coaster years.
1) Keep the lines of communication open.
2) Try to spend time doing something they enjoy.
3) Keep them involved in sports, dance, exercise. This will help them get out that extra energy they have built up all day.
4) Know their friends. Invite them over for a sleep over, dinner, whatever..
5) Establish boundaries before they do..
6) Give them room to make mistakes..
7) Remember your the parent first and then the friend. Make sure you establish this early on.
8) Share truth about your early years as a teenager. This will help you connect with them.
9) Don't be judgmental; be a strong, forgiving, loving parent.
10) Remember this to shall pass..
Need help reconnecting with your teen? I'm just a click or call away!
email@example.com Office~ 888-296-0076 Cell~ 408-963-9225